Kites, Kids and Education
Site Table Of Contents
This is not a comprehensive listing, but it may make it easier to find your way around.
- History of kites - for those of you doing research - Thanks to Meg Albers
- Japanese kites - History of Japanese kites
- Japanese Kiting Calendar - Just in case you plan a visit
- Kids' page - Kite stuff by the bunches...even software for building kites
- Build a box kite - If you want to make a fairly simple kite
- Build a tetrahedron kite - If you want to tackle a class project, or a complex project, or just make Alexander G. Bell roll over in his grave (GRIN)
- Kite for kids - A place to go if you need a quick, easy, nice flying, inexpensive kite for little kids.
- Brief history of kites - A little bit about a lot. Not detailed
- Kite names around the world - Excellent map activity
- Kite links and other information - Information and plans for kites from all over the world
- A cheap, simple kite to make (Only two cents!)
- A bulletin board idea - kite related, of course
- Tetrahedron kite - Outstanding, very complete set of instructions with pictures on how to make a tetrahedron kite. An excellent project for an older group of youngsters. They say a tail is not necessary, but I found that I DID need one.
- Lesson Plans - Another site for teachers that offers sort of a lesson plan for kite construction and flying.
- Principles of Aeronautics Instructor's Text- All right teachers, here is a site with lesson plans and activities.
- A teacher's page - This fourth grade teacher has put up a page for her students to do some research from. I imagine she would not mind your students using her page to do the same thing.
Kites for Teachers
- Short history of kites.
- More detailed history of kites in the world
- Japanese history of kites
- Kite names in languages around the world and a suggested map activity.
- A map activity with kite names (Look at the bottom of the page for this idea)
- Flying squirrels (Sugar Glider), and MORE!
- A bulletin board idea to display those reports
- And how about a cooperative learning project for your class? Here is the project, someone needs to flesh it out. (Hint, hint)
- And homework for the teacher (OK kids, now YOU get even!) (BIG, EVIL GRIN)
My kites - A gallery of pictures
Kansas City Kite Club
Some places to fly in the Kansas City Metro area.